Specialist Learning Support Assistant - Autistic Spectrum Continuum
Full and part time opportunities available.
Nottingham College are looking for a suitable candidate to support students on the Autistic Spectrum.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- To work in a non-teaching capacity, acting as a Classroom Assistant, to support students with ASC in any location offering Nottingham College courses.
- To work under the direction of a member of the teaching staff when supporting within the classroom.
- To work under the direction of the Additional Support Lecturers to implement/write the students’ individual educational support plans.
- To support student’s development of literacy and/or numeracy skills.
- To take advice and work under the guidance of specialist Lecturers and the Customer Support Team Leader in relation to ASC needs.
- To help achieve the learning aims of students, by feedback, review and modification of support plan, and to work towards their independence and self-advocacy skills.
- To assist in the preparation of learning/teaching resources, including setting up of specialist equipment.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process. The Role Profile can be viewed below.
The closing date is 12 noon Thursday 19 July 2018.
Interviews/assessments are planned for week commencing 23 July 2018.