Apprentice Commis Chef (L2)
Employer: Fuller Smith & Turner PLC (Five Bells)
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12-15 months
Possible start date: 10th September 2018
Working week: 40 hours per week
Do you see yourself working as a Commis Chef in one of the best and most established Fuller's kitchens across the South of England? This would be your chance to develop and train using the freshest ingredients to the highest standards.
Fuller’s are offering a fantastic opportunity for those that want to learn whilst earning and develop their culinary skills to the highest standard.
Working in a Fuller’s Kitchen is exciting and challenging but with a full team to support and mentor you, you will develop a rich understanding of all dishes, as well as a passion for the fresh and delicious produce that we use.
In a Fuller's kitchen you will be preparing food and carrying out basic cooking tasks in every section of the kitchen under the supervision of the Head/Sous chef.
- Food Preparation: Supporting the running of a section preparation of meat, fish, poultry, vegetables and sauces as part of the kitchen brigade
- Preparing fresh ingredients ready for service to Fuller's Chef Guild Standards
- Organisational and time management skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Resilience, team working and good communication skills are essential
- You will be happy working to the direction of the Head Chef/Sous chef and be able to follow instructions
- You’ll have great attention to detail, a passion for cooking, and be obsessed with quality
- You’ll be reliable and trustworthy – always turning up for shifts, and training
- An interest in good food and ambition
- Desirable - GCSEs at grade A* to C/4-9 (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Predicted grades will be acceptable with application
Level 2 in Catering and Professional Chefs Apprenticeship Standard
- Knowledge and Understanding, Skills, and Behaviours
- Regular visits from the college to the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Ongoing training and assessment from the employer
- End point assessment