Accounting/ Financial Administration Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Wood Green High School
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 17th September 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday, various shift hours, 37 hours per week
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop a career within Accounting to join the existing finance team at Wood Green Academy as Level 2 Accounting/ Financial Administration Apprentice.
Working alongside the existing finance team, through peer support and mentoring and completion of your Level 2 AAT Apprenticeship through day release to Dudley College, you will be responsible for all elements of purchase ledger accounting including helping to administer the teaching school finances including grant analysis, counting and banking monies and accrual tracking and reconciliation.
- Analysing information/ data and preparing it for presentation to governors.
- Processing payments for school trips and events
- Assisting with basic payroll preparation for staff
- Supporting the finance and accounts department with ad-hoc administrative duties
- Ad-hoc administrative projects across school
- Answering phone calls from staff and contractors
- Filling, photocopying and scanning and mailing documents
- Some experience in Administration previously would be beneficial and a desire for a career in Accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to use ICT technology
- To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Ability to innovate and contribute to new initiatives
- Ability to work when the school is open (Term Time working)
- Flexibility and willingness to be involved in the wider school
- Good record of attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Be an effective role model through presentation and personal conduct
- Enthusiasm, reliability and integrity
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work to deadlines and manage own workload.
- GCSE grade A*- C (or equivalent) in English, Maths and Science are essential
- 3 A Levels are desirable but not essential
- Through in-company support and mentoring, through day-release completion of your Level 2 AAT Apprenticeship and assessor visits, you will gain a solid foundation and experience in all aspects of finance and accounting and become a valued member of the team.
- Functional Skills English and Maths
Apprenticeship framework: Accounting