Building Services Design Apprentice - Electrical (L3)
Employer: RPS Design
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 3rd September 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday, variable hours, 37.5 hours per week, college day release
We are currently looking for an apprentice in electrical to join us as a Building Services Design Apprentice.
The Building Services Engineer is becoming more and more important, even becoming more important than the role of the architect in ensuring that our buildings work and are future proofed and ready to meet climate change targets and energy efficiency constraints.
The role will involve working on the design of varied construction and refurbishment projects in differing sectors and of various sizes.
You will have the opportunity to learn the differing design and decision making processes that go into delivering first class building services designs.
You will learn how to operate throughout all stages of a project and be involved in the input of ideas and calculations using the latest software and traditional design techniques.
The role will be mainly office based, however there will be the opportunity to visit sites to survey and monitor progress of the design delivery throughout the country.
- Good interpersonal skills are essential as the roles will involve a lot of interaction, not only between other members of our internal teams but also will other members of the design and construction teams from other companies throughout the UK and internationally
- An outgoing and enquiring personality would be advantageous
- A flexible attitude to work would also be desired as occasionally long hours are needed to ensure our clients and colleagues can work to meet deadlines or travel to and from sites and meetings in other locations
- GCSEs (Grade C / Level 4 or above) or the Equivalent Functional Skills in:
- English Language
- Any post GCSE level Building Services technician based qualification would be advantageous.
Building Services Design Technician Apprenticeship Level 3 - Design Technician Pathway.
- Functional Skills Mathematics, English and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards your qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
Apprenticeship framework: Building Services Engineering Technology and Project Management