Apprentice Land Surveyor (L3)
Employer: Terrain Surveys Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 1st September 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm, 37.5 hours per week
Apprentice Land Surveyor required to join our growing land surveying consultancy based in Welwyn, Hertfordshire.
You will learn how to use surveying equipment, including total stations, GPS and 3D laser scanners.
Working as part of a team you will gain knowledge and develop your surveying skills.
- To be precise in practical surveying
- How to manage and process survey data on a computer.
- To Work both on-site and office based locations
- To capture geospatial information
- To take, record and document appropriate geospatial measurements to the required specification
- To work with other professionals, clients, customers and others to obtain and provide geospatial information
- To perform calculations and use geospatial data
- To keep surveying equipment clean and well maintained.
- To Learn the instrument coding and the procedure for taking observations
- To be precise in practical surveying and taking observations
- To learn how to download files from the instrument to office PC
- To develop basic survey skills e.g., traverse computation and levelling
- To develop skills in AutoCAD and other surveying software
- Be computer literate
- Driving license preferable, but not essential. (Note, travelling to Dudley West Midlands for training and residential stay will be required)
- Have excellent attention to detail in your work
- Be able to work both in a team and alone
- Be interested in developing a career in surveying
- Be keen to work both outdoors and in the office
- GCSE maths, English and ICT at Grade C/Level 4 or above or equivalent Functional Skills - Level 2 in all subjects
- Geospatial Survey Technician Level 3 - standard ST0491
- Functional Skills maths, English and ICT (if required)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Training will be provided at Dudley College via periods of block release - 3 week periods throughout the 2 year course duration
Apprenticeship framework: Geospatial Survey Technician