Apprentice Administrative Assistant (L2)
2 days left
- Full Time
Employer: Woodley Town Council
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 20th August 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm (4.00pm finish Fridays), 37 hours per week
Woodley Town Council are looking to recruit one Apprentice Administrative Assistant to be based at The Oakwood Centre. The successful candidate would be required to assist in the running of a busy Council office.
- Dealing with enquiries over the phone and in reception
- Assisting with financial and general administration including cashbook, stationery ordering, and supporting other officers of the Council
- Working in a small office team you will learn about the services provided by the Council, have ownership of specific tasks and give administrative support to others
- A Business Administration apprenticeship allows you to play an important support role in a variety of businesses and organisations. Administrators handle the day-to-day tasks in an office and make sure things run smoothly. This sort of work requires a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy, and attention to detail. Other activities could include typing up minutes, updating spreadsheets, sending correspondences, and working as part of a team
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Customer service skills
- Basic maths
- Good communication and language skills
- Confident in talking to people
- Quick learner
- Attention to detail
- GCSE maths & English or equivalent
Apprentices receive on the job training, working alongside professionals to gain relevant experience within the leisure industry. You will also have the opportunity to achieve nationally recognised qualifications and earn a weekly wage.
You will be assigned a tutor who will visit you whilst at work and who will guide and support you through your apprenticeship. They will work closely with you and your manager to ensure you have all the necessary aids you require to complete your apprenticeship.
Qualifications gained during this apprenticeship include:
- The Level 2 NVQ in Business Administration: The National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) will be gained through on the job training and the assessment of this which includes written assignments, multiple choice exams, observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, work product , guided discussions and personal statements.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR): Employment Rights and Responsibilities cover legislation and other key policies you need to know and understand, relevant to your job role.
- Functional Skills - English, maths & ICT (If required)
Apprenticeship framework: Business and Administration