Bricklayer Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Wodehouse Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 30th July 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday, various shift hours, 39 hours per week
We are ideally looking for candidates to undertake roles working closely with bricklayers and carpenters who we can train. Ideally someone who has achieved Level 1 Bricklaying and is looking to develop their skills.
- Loading out bricks
- Loading out blocks
- Laying bricks
- Mixing mortar
- Loading out spot boards
- Carrying bricks
- Carrying tools
- Cleaning site
- H&S awareness and implementation
- Experience in bricklaying with some qualification preferred, but not essential
- Good communicator (written and oral)
- Able to make decisions relating to own expertise
- Ability and awareness of working safely
- A flexible approach to working arrangements
- Willing to work at height
- Bricklaying Level 1 is highly preferred, but not essential.
Bricklaying Level 2 apprenticeship, consisting of NVQ and Technical certificate.
Functional skills maths and English (where required)
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards a NVQ qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
Apprenticeship framework: Construction Building