Site Carpentry Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Swift Building Services Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 6th August 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm, 40 hours per week
Working as part of a team under the guidance of an experienced Supervisor, you will support the delivery of our refurbishments and repair services whilst working towards an NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry and achieve the skills and experience to become a fully operational tradesperson.
- Installing first fixing components on site
- Installing second fixing components on site
- Erecting structural carcassing components on site
- Maintaining non-structural carpentry on site
- Setting up and using transportable:-
- Cutting machines including: Drill, Jigsaw, Chop Saw, Reciprocating saw, Planer
- Powered shaping machines: Sander, Router
- Use authorised plant & equipment provided with due care and attention and as directed
- Work as part of a team and use materials safely
- Load / unload and store materials and equipment as directed
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and clients to ensure the effectiveness of our service
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity by taking account the needs of others and treating other people with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service by being polite, showing respect, maintaining expected standards of work, and tidying up at the end of a job.
- Understand the risk assessments and method statements relating to your area of work and to work in a safe manner taking account other people’s health, safety and wellbeing.
- Follow our Health and Safety policy and procedures including the wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Undertake health and safety training as required.
- Raise any safety concerns with a supervisor
- Take part in the apprentice review process and complete any training required, and be capable of working independently in the final year of your apprenticeship.
- Undertake other duties as are commensurate with the apprentice role, as may be reasonably required
- Good communicator (written and oral)
- Able to make decisions relating to own expertise
- A commitment to the production of high quality work and foundation carpentry skills.
- Ability and awareness of working safely
- A flexible approach to working arrangements
- Willing to work at height
- Minimum Level 2 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery is preferred.
- Must have a Level 1 Qualification in Carpenty, Joinery or Wood Occupations.
- Site Carpentry apprenticeship NVQ Level 2 Diploma
- Functional Skills level maths and English (if required)
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards a NVQ qualification. An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
Apprenticeship framework: Construction Building