Production Assistant Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Kimber Drop Forgings
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 1st August 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm (1.00pm finish Fridays), 37 hours per week
We are looking for a new Production Assistant Apprentice Engineer to work within our production department to assist with administration of the department.
- Printing and Issue of production documentation
- Involvement in updating of system information
- Booking of raw materials into stock and to works orders
- Learning certain aspects of Production Planning role
- Providing cover for others in Production department (Office based staff only)
- Dealing with inbound and outbound calls
- Liaising with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Expediting of work in-house, at sub-contractors and suppliers
- Some customer liaison
- Collation of data, updating of reports as required
- Good communicator between departments
- Good level of computer literacy
- Experience of engineering would be useful
- A “can-do” attitude
- Ability to learn on the job
- Interest in the company and what we do
- 4 x GCSEs at Grades A-C (4 and above) in English, Maths, Science and ICTor equivalent qualifications (Functional Skills Level 2 for English, Maths & ICT),
- Knowledge of Microsoft office or equivalent.
Performing Engineering Operations Apprenticeship.
- Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required.
- You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards a PEO qualification.
- An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study.
- Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
- Functional Skills if required
Apprenticeship framework: Improving Operational Performance