Part-time Technician - Grounds
15 hours per week
We are seeking someone to join a team responsible for the upkeep of college grounds and large scale grounds maintenance, using mechanised equipment. The post holder will provide a high standard of technical support assisting staff and students in workshop related activities. Recent experience in amenity or sports turf maintenance is essential.
The working pattern for this role is ideally Wednesday and Thursday 7.30 am – 4.00 pm, with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break. However, applicants who wish to work an alternative working pattern are welcome to apply so long as the Andover Town football pitch is ready for matches on a Saturday.
The full time equivalent salary for this role is £15,075 - £18,290 per annum. With the contractual hours of 15 hours per week, the actual salary range is £6,111 - £7,414 per annum.
The role will entail working at the Sparsholt campus and the College’s Portway campus in Andover.
Closing Date: 23 July 2018
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 22 days pro rata (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
- Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
- There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider