Plumpton College has excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement so is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our growing college team.
The farming operation is a fully commercial enterprise whilst at the same time providing a learning resource demonstrating best practice in all that we do. We have a fully commercial Sheep and Suckler Beef enterprise and are looking to recruit a Shepherd/Stockperson. The Shepherd/Stockperson is required to deliver the highest level of commercial performance/welfare standards possible. We offer exceptional facilities, a great working environment and career development.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- Be both qualified and experienced to carry out all tasks associated with the management of the college Flock/Suckler Herd
- Be able to demonstrate and implement strong budget management.
- Have experience in managing a commercial flock/herd.
- Ensure the highest welfare standards are in place.
- Be well organised and have the drive and enthusiasm to work with students as part of their daily work.
- Have the interest and ability to ensure the Sheep/Suckler Herd enterprise performs to the highest level.
- Be a good communicator and have relevant current knowledge of farm recording systems and legislation.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
- Hold a full clean driving license and associated industry qualifications specifically a trailer license.
- Have their own working dogs.
If you believe you have a significant contribution to make to our future and are looking for your next career opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking. Accomodation and a work vehicle are also provided with this role.
To apply please complete an application form and return it via the Apply link.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 18th July 2018 at 9.00an
Interviews will be held: Monday 23rd July 2018