37 hours per week
The Timetabling and Student Data team, based at our Wakefield city centre campus, is an important function which underpins the College’s funding claims and success rates. The team work well together, enjoying a varied remit in a supportive, friendly atmosphere. So if you’re experienced in handling data and you can demonstrate strong analytical skills, this could be a fantastic move for you.
Working closely with the Senior Timetabling and Student Data Officer, you’ll:
- Assist in ensuring student data (timetables, enrolments and registers) are processed in a timely and accurate manner in line with funding and audit requirements
- Provide support and guidance to staff in relation to the planning of timetables and processing of student data in accordance with agreed procedures and funding regulations
- Actively participate in the on-going review, development and streamlining of timetabling and student data systems and processes
- Contribute to the efficiency and excellence of service delivery within the team
It’s much more than an administration role. You’ll be expected to deal with, quite often, complex data on a daily basis and challenge decisions based on analytical evidence. Therefore you should only consider applying if you are a highly experienced administrator, who is used to working with management information data and systems.
In addition, you’ll be educated to A level standard, have a minimum GCSE Level A*- C or equivalent in English, Maths and an IT Qualification. You should also be systems/process driven, used to inputting and extracting computer data and be able to demonstrate:
- Accurate data input skills and a keen eye for detail
- Experience of interpreting complex rules and procedures, to support problem solving
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and in particular Word and Excel
- A methodical approach, plus ability to plan, prioritise and manage your own workload
- Good communication skills – both oral and written
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 16 July 2018
Transforming lives through learning…
by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS. We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.