Part-time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
14.5 hours per week term time/15 hours per week out of term time.
9.00 am – 5.30 pm / 8.30 am - 5.00 pm Thursdays & Fridays.
The post holder will be providing a full Receptionist/Telephonist service, operating digital phone and switchboard software, mobiles, pagers, radios. The role will also involve delivering a courteous and efficient counter service, dealing with enquiries from students, staff and external customers, accessing and operating various software packages; CCTV, Facilities Management and Student Databases. As both manual and electronic records need to be maintained, a high level of IT and administration skills are required.
The successful applicant will have experience of working in a busy front line environment, with strong customer focus and good organisational and communication skills. Competence in the use of IT systems including MS Office (Outlook/Calendar) is required and knowledge of telephony skills is desirable, with additional training provided as needed. We require a degree of flexibility from the successful candidate who can offer full time hours to cover planned annual leave and sickness.
The full time equivalent salary for this role is £15,075 - £16,299 per annum. With the contractual hours set out above, the actual salary range is £5,978 - £6,463 per annum.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 23 July 2018.
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Pro-rated holiday entitlement of 22 days plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas which fall in normal working pattern
- Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
- There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider