Part-time Assessor - Horticulture (0.6 - 0.8 FTE)
3 days left
- Part Time
22.2 – 29.6 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Work Based Learning team in Horticulture, assessing on the new apprenticeship standards of Horticulture Operative and Landscaper, as well as Golf Green Keeping at Level 2. The post holder will be required to assess and guide apprentices who are working in the following horticulture environments: amenity horticulture; parks and gardens; landscaping; golf courses and other sports turf environments.
Applicants should be qualified to at least level 3 in Horticulture or equivalent and have substantial related industry experience. Applicants should have a good standard of education and ideally possess the A1 assessor award, or be willing to attain this qualification. Full training will be given. This role is based at the Sparsholt campus but will involve travel to visit apprentices in various locations, so a valid driving licence is essential. D1 minibus driving ability would be an advantage, however, training can be provided. Successful applicants must also be willing to undergo teacher training to instructor level if required.
Please outline on your application form your preferred working pattern.
This position is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing date: 23 July 2018
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas. (pro-rated for part-time staff)
- Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Apply for Part-time Assessor - Horticulture (0.6 - 0.8 FTE)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly