Visa Compliance Officer
Location: Brighton, other locations may be considered but travel will be required to various locations across the UK
We are looking for a Visa Compliance Officer to ensure that Study Group is fully compliant with its obligations as a UKVI Tier 4 Sponsor. You will work closely with colleagues across the UK business to provide guidance and expertise for both students and staff for all matters concerning the UKVI, Home Office and student visas.
- Communicate with appropriate and relevant colleagues, stakeholders and students within the College network to ensure compliance with the UKVI rules and regulations, taking advice from the Visa Compliance Manager as required
- Manage SMS system as Level 1 user, including inputting data onto college Study Global system, making course changes, study location changes, withdrawals, early course completions and visa refusals
- Run regular audits to ensure consistent accuracy of student data.
- Organise visa workshops/training events for staff
- Assess application documents and all relevant documents
- Provide current and accurate advice on visa compliance
- Adopt a proactive approach to the development of the role by reviewing and researching the procedures of the job on an on-going basis to improve the service to students, stakeholders and staff and ensure compliance with UKVI procedures and requirements
- Undertake allocated duties within given time frames, working independently when required
- Contribute to the work of the Central Compliance team, including attending meetings and undertaking other duties as required
- Attend appropriate training courses
- Participate in the appraisal system
- Respect the confidential nature of information relating to the College network
- Undertake additional duties as required by the line manager
Please return the attached application form via the Apply link.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.