Visa Compliance Manager (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for a Visa Compliance Manager on a full-time, fixed term contract of 6 months to cover maternity leave. This is to ensure that Study Group is fully compliant with its obligations as a UKVI Tier 4 Sponsor. Work closely with colleagues across the UK business to provide guidance and expertise for both students and staff for all matters concerning the UKVI, Home Office and student visas.
- Manage all Study Group UK policies (and procedures where appropriate) related to UKVI and Tier 4 compliance.
- Manage licences and ensure that all submissions, applications, reporting and advisory notices are submitted on a timely basis.
- Oversee and manage the UKVI Sponsor Management System for the UK business.
- Manage an internal audit schedule for all appropriate locations and functions, with a focus on ensuring UKVI Inspection readiness and adherence to noted UKVI related policies and procedures.
- Manage a robust management information suite pertinent to UKVI compliance in order to inform Senior Management, highlighting data trends and ensuring that appropriate action plans are in place to address areas of risk, maximising the balance between compliance and business performance.
- Proactively maintain a personal understanding of UKVI and immigration legislation with a view to understanding the implications for the organisation, and developing and implementing process change plans.
- Develop and implement a robust training and awareness schedule for operators of UKVI systems and immigration related processes, using external training providers as required.
- Collaborate with local leadership teams to develop a network of designated Visa Compliance Leads across the UK business, and to nurture a talent pool to develop into visa compliance related roles in the future.
- Work closely with Sales and Admissions to provide up to date immigration advice for prospective international students.
- Prepare and distribute updates on all Tier 4 related issues to members of the UK Executive Team and other internal stakeholders as required.
- Act as key representative for Study Group UK with regards to Home Office guidance.
- Provide an expert point of contact for all UK staff on the immigration requirements of Tier 4. Act as a point of escalation for Centre staff and Visa Compliance Officers.
- Close liaison with Admissions Function, Sales teams and Centre Staff to ensure that the correct pre and post arrival visa checks are carried out.
The position holder must comply with Study Group policies and applicable laws including Occupational Health and Safety; Anti-Discrimination and Harassment, Anti-Bribery and Corruption and those specifically relevant to the position and authority of the job holder.
Eligibility to work and travel freely to and from the UK, i.e. valid UK or EC passport or leave to remain.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records checks if appropriate.
To apply, please upload your completed application form via the link below. Alternatively, you can send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.