Advanced Practitioner in e-Learning and Teaching
What is this role and where does it fit in?
The Advanced Practitioner in e-Learning and Teaching will support the use and development of the Virtual Learning Environment according to the network framework, Blended Learning, multimedia, classroom technology and tools to enhance online and classroom assessment feedback. There may be other technologies which enhance learning which would be included in this role.
The role of the Advanced Practitioner in e-Learning and Teaching is a cross-college role, which is aimed at providing our curriculum team with support, coaching and professional development. The role requires the individual to be flexible, as well as a team player, as this a multifaceted role with multiple stakeholders. They will work with the Head of Quality Assurance, Enhancement and Innovation to support the enhancement of learning and teaching across the College. They will train and coach teachers, as well as support them with their development of their classroom teaching, as well as learning technology skills, with the specific aims of enhancing the learning and teaching in the college, increasing student engagement and advancing student outcomes.
What experience do you need?
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and preferably experience of working with international students.
- Undergraduate and or postgraduate degree or equivalent qualification.
- PGCE/ Cert Ed or other relevant teaching qualification e.g. CELTA/ DELTA.
- Experience of providing staff development to groups of staff which has resulted in enhancements in the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring individual staff which has raised standards.
- Experience of conducting evaluative observations and making evaluative judgements in line with an educational institution’s observation policy.
- Experience of using technology to support assessment/monitoring which has resulted in improvements in the quality of assessment.
- Significant and up to date experience of the creative use of education technology.
- We welcome candidates who would be willing to build a portfolio of their eLearning practice in order to become a CMALT.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please upload your CV via the apply link or alternatively email your CV to email@example.com.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.