Would you like to work for a unique global business, in a flexible, innovative and fast paced teaching environment, empowering International Students to achieve their educational goals?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and we are offering this opportunity to a talented teacher, with a student centred approach, full of motivation and enthusiasm. An exciting opportunity has opened within our Science and Engineering department, and if you enjoy a fast paced role, where no day is the same and the rewards are huge, and then keep on reading.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
You will work with colleagues across the Centre to ensure the effective delivery of teaching programmes in line with our education strategy, broader scholarship and aims for an outstanding student experience. You will also contribute directly to student support and to the development and implementation of innovative teaching practices across the Centre. As a Lecturer, you will contribute to the design, development and production of teaching and learning materials and delivery across a range of modules or within a subject area. You will teach on the International Foundation Year Programme and/or International Year One programme.
What experience do you need?
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education, and preferably a teaching qualification and experience of working with international students.
- Teaching at least to Level 3 in the relevant subject area.
- A Bachelor degree in the relevant subject area. Candidates with further qualifications in the subject area will be welcome and a Masters qualification is normally essential for teaching on any of the pre-masters programmers. Candidates holding a PhD will be particularly welcomed.
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance-driven team player.
- Innovation and creativity in developing and executing student enhancement activities.
Where is this role based?
Our Leeds International Study Centre is a fantastic place of education offering a number of different programmes to international students. Based in Headingley Stadium, the centre offers a pleasant working environment, with new refurbished facilities. There is a café on site and free parking for staff. This is a growing, forward thinking centre that offers lots of opportunity to someone that wants to progress.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please send a CV and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.