Head of Business
If you had the chance to lead a faculty, responsible for a number of staff that empowers International students, from across 40 Nationalities, to achieve their educational goals, would you take it?
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, and if you answered yes, then this potential opportunity could soon become reality. An exciting opportunity has opened at our Bellerbys College London, and if you are an enthusiastic, adaptable, and pro-active Head of Faculty, then please keep reading.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
Reporting to the Academic Director, this role will lead and manage the Faculty in all areas (Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Law, Psychology, & Politics) with the aim of continuously improving academic delivery and standards, and student outcomes. The role will be required to teach a reduced schedule (which will vary from time to time, delivering innovative, creative, and engaging lessons. The Head of Business is a varied role that covers Faculty leadership, Curriculum, Assessment, and staffing responsibilities.
What experience do you need?
- Considerable teaching experience within a Faculty-related subject across the range of programmes (ideally to include Finance) delivered at the college.
- Teaching/Management experience working for a school or FE College.
- Track record of driving change amongst teams
- Experience of leading projects or managing Faculty-based initiatives.
- Good first degree in a Faculty-related subject
- Teaching qualification in a Faculty-related subject (desirable)
- Strong advocate for the Faculty and its future development. Proactive in driving progress and holds self and others to the highest standards
- Strong Leadership and management skills – the ability to lead and manage members of the Faculty to work towards a common goal
Where is this role based?
This role is based at our Bellerbys College London which is one of four independent colleges in the UK. Specialising in Business subjects including Finance, we offer a variety of tailored courses including English language, GCSEs, A levels and university foundation courses. Located near the beautiful Royal Greenwich Park, just a short walk from the famous Cutty Sark, our purpose-built College has modern classrooms and facilities, including the Learning and Activities Centre and a canteen, and provides both teaching and boarding facilities all on one site, with most of our students staying onsite as boarders. There is a warm and caring environment within the college, full of supportive staff, passionate about international education.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please click the Apply link.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.