HE Curriculum Lead - Public Services (0.8FTE)
This position will be based at our Peterborough Park Crescent site.
29.6 hours per week.
We are on a journey to Outstanding. We need motivated and professional individuals who are adaptable, inspirational, and innovative to join us on that journey. University Centre Peterborough is one of the most exciting and important projects in the region and needs a highly motivated individual to join our Public Services curriculum area. If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to utilise your skills and experience whilst developing your own career, this role will be both rewarding and fulfilling. You will pass on your specialist knowledge and develop skills for the future.
Within this role you will teach a range of level 1 – 6 courses across FE and HE. Key duties include:
- Delivering high quality teaching and learning
- Guiding and supporting learners, providing pastoral support and care
- Providing appropriate assignment material for each programme and developing our contextual learning
- Monitoring the progress, retention and achievement of learners
- Maximising learner recruitment for HE/FE
- Improving the progression rate of learners from FE to HE
- Engaging in the development strategy for UCP, including achieving taught degree awarding powers
Essential requirements are a Level 6 or above qualification or equivalent in the relevant area, and suitable industrial experience; a level 5 teaching qualification or Masters qualification in a related subject area. A successful applicant will be willing to work towards their level 5 or equivalent teaching qualification and/or Masters if not already held. We welcome applications from people in industry, and will provide the necessary support to obtain your professional teaching qualification and assessor/verifier awards.
You will be a self starter, who can quickly build relationships, with excellent organisation and planning abilities. This is a great opportunity to invest in the next generation of professionals and contribute significantly to an exciting education project.
The College offers many good employment benefits including 37 days holiday plus Christmas close down (219 basic hours for 0.8 part-time staff), access to the Teachers Pension scheme, and many on-site benefits and facilities, including a gym and on-site nursery.