Light Vehicle Skills Trainer/Assessor
Due to continued growth within Emtec, Nottingham College’s Automotive Training & Education division. We are currently looking for high calibre individuals to join our established team.
If you are an experienced automotive training professional and looking for your next big challenge then we would like to hear from you. We would also like to hear from individuals still working in industry who are looking to move into Training & Education.
Ideal candidates will be target driven self-managers with a proven track record of delivering high standards of automotive teaching, learning and assessment, and with experience of blended e-learning, e-portfolio and IMI Awards qualifications and assessment practice.
- Experience delivering Apprenticeship and Adult Technical training/assessment
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (or equivalent) or willing to achieve at the earliest opportunity
- Assessor Qualification D32/D33, A1, Level 3 Assessors Award
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in area of expertise
- Relevant industry experience (high performance or prestige an advantage)
- Minimum Level 2 English and Maths
- Valid UK Passport (for International Travel)
- Full UK Driving Licence and use of a vehicle (extensive national travel is required)
- Delivery of theoretical and practical training in line with the technical syllabus
- Undertake regular visits to participating Dealers to carry out coaching & assessment
- Administer the Apprentice virtual learning platform and e-portfolio
- Effectively progress Apprentices to achieve their programme in a timely manner
- Develop effective working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Provide regular learning development progress reports to management and other stakeholders
- Actively market participating & non-participating Dealers to maintain high levels of penetration
- Undertake regular technical & educational CPD in order to maintain high standards
These roles carry an excellent remuneration and competitive benefits package including pension scheme, business related equipment and use of a company car.
- Aston Martin Dealer Technician Apprenticeship Programme Skills Trainer/Assessor - Ruddington. While the main working location is the Aston Martin Training Academy at Ruddington. This role requires a significant amount of national travel in order to effectively service the Aston Martin UK Dealer Network
- Caravan & Motorhome Dealer Technician Apprenticeship Programme Skills Trainer/Assessor – Ruddington. While the main working location is the National Caravan Council Training Academy in Ruddington this role requires a significant amount of national travel in order to effectively service the UK Dealer Network
- Kia Dealer Technician Apprenticeship Programme Skills Trainer/Assessor – Ruddington. While the main working location is the Kia Training Academy in Ruddington this role requires a significant amount of national travel in order to effectively service the Kia UK Dealer Network
- Light Vehicle Technician Apprenticeship Programme Skills Trainer/Assessor – Ruddington. While the main working location is the Emtec Training Facility in Ruddington this role requires a significant amount of regional/national travel in order to effectively service the Independent Garage Network
The applications will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Jon Rawson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews/assessment date is to be confirmed.
Nottingham College Services is a subsidiary company of Nottingham College, and as such the terms and conditions of employment are different, the main differences being:
- 30 days paid leave per year, made up of 22 days annual leave and 8 bank/public holidays.
- You will be eligible to receive company sick pay for up to 20 days and statutory sick pay thereafter.
- You will be provided with details of a personal pension plan which you can access.