Apprentice Toolmaker (L3)
Employer: Superior Sections Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 3rd September 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 7.00am - 4.00pm (3.00pm finish Fridays), 39 hours per week
An exciting opportunity to join Superior Sections Ltd as an Apprentice Toolmaker. Through workplace mentoring and day college release, you will develop the skills and knowledge needed to safely and effectively operate as an Apprentice Toolmaker.
Ultimately, it would be intended that the candidate learns all areas of the design and manufacture of tools, patterns and fixtures for automotive and aerospace applications.
- The production of precision Tooling, Jigs, Fixtures, Models
- Create Patterns to information provided
- Trained to use and work using hand tools and manual operated machinery
- Follow Instructions
- Work for various market sectors includes the Car industries
- Aptitude for operating tooling machinery
- Willing to learn
- Team player
- Good communicator
- 2 GCSEs or equivalent, at Grade A* to C (4 and above) in both English & maths or equivalent Functional Skills (Level 2)
- No engineering experience is necessary however a desire for a career in engineering is essential.
For the ECMS Level 3 Toolmaker (Engineering Technician) apprenticeship:
- Training will take place at Dudley College which will be 2 days a week in the first year then 1 day a week in the remaining 2 years
- Functional Skills maths, English and ICT will also be included as part of the learning programme at College
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- In addition, assessors will visit learners at their workplace as part of their continual assessment.
Apprenticeship framework: Engineering Technician