Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
The post holder will coordinate work systems to ensure that the working conditions of the College are compliant with relevant legislation and good practice.
The role will involve working closely with our Building Surveyor to help deliver and maintain ISO 14001, along with assisting and advising on completing risk assessments and carrying out fire practice at all sites, at least once a term. Please see job description for full details.
Candidates should have the following relevant skills and experience:
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- Environmental knowledge
- DSE Advanced Assessor’s experience
- Health and Safety Officer experience
- Full Driving Licence (Essential) as the member of staff will be required to travel across both campuses, and there are no direct public transport links between the two.
- Excellent communication skills
- Report writing skills
This post will be based across both our campuses, in Andover and Winchester.
Closing Date: 16 July 2018
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme) in accordance with scheme rules
- Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Christmas.
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider.