Mechanical Engineering Lecturer
Are you an experienced Engineer thinking about a career change? If so, why not come and join our team. We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated individual to the role of Lecturer to deliver across our Engineering courses. If you are passionate about your industry and are ready to pass on your skills, knowledge and expertise to the next generation of Engineers then this could be the ideal position for you.
The successful candidate will be delivering theoretical and practical skills based training to mechanical engineering students at level 1, 2 & 3.
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a full technical certificate or HNC in Engineering.
- Have served an Engineering related apprenticeship and be conversant with modern engineering disciplines and current practice.
- Have experience of workshop practices such as hand fitting, turning & milling.
- A Knowledge of Product Design and CAD would be advantageous.
- Hold a Certificate in Education and Training (or equivalent), A1 and V1 or be willing to achieve these within a set period of time following appointment.
- Be a good team player with the ability to undertake the associated administration tasks while having a flexible approach to working hours, as some evening work will be required.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.