Maths and Physics Tutor
Are you a Maths and Physics Tutor looking for a unique teaching position, with flexible working hours, no weekend or evening work, a class full of international students, and the opportunity to work in partnership with the University of Surrey?
If so then this could be a perfect role for you! We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education. Due to some very exciting changes we are hiring a number of Academic Tutors to help design, develop, and deliver first class teaching on our brand new pre-masters programme.
What is this role and where does it fit in?
This centre is about to embark on some exciting changes with the introduction of a brand new Pre-Masters programme. We are introducing a number of new teaching roles into the centre, so this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidates to join the centre in a period of growth. You will contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions offered by the centre, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars and tutorial sessions.
What experience do you need?
- Teaching experience in Maths and Physics within a school, FE College, or UK higher education context; preferably experience of working with international students.
- Experience of teaching at FHEQ Levels 3 and 6.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related subject area and a minimum of a Master’s degree
- Teaching qualification
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc.)
- A student-centred and client-focused approach
Where is this role based?
Our University of Surrey International Study Centre, based in Guildford, is based in the heart of a beautiful campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. The centre offers an International Foundation programme, a Pre-Masters programme, and English language preparation courses. There are a variety of pathways offered on both programmes as well as a variety of students from all across the globe.
The Application Process
We take pride in providing an excellent candidate experience to all potential candidates, so will ensure a timely response and process for all applicants. If you are interested in finding out more then please send a CV and a member of the Recruitment Team will be in contact.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.