Operations Technical Apprentice (L3)
Employer: API Microwave Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 48 months
Possible start date: 10th Septemeber 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.45pm (1.00pm finish Fridays)
Are you our next Apprentice? Do you have an interest in Electronics? If you believe this is the opportunity you have been looking for, please apply!
Primary role will be in a specified manufacturing area.
You will be expected to work towards all production and Engineering goals relevant to the area deployed in.
- Maintain a high level of quality
- Work in line with current policies and procedures.
- Have a Methodical, Organised and Committed Approach to Work.
- Have a high level of focus and concentration, in particular good attention to detail.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
- Have excellent communication skills and have a flexible approach to work & hours.
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivating individual.
- Complete assigned course work on time.
- Work alongside the area operators and technicians who will perform on the job training in all areas of the business.
- Good technical knowledge / aptitude
- Good verbal communication skills
- Develop the skills and dexterity to work with microscopes under high magnification.
- Willingness and flexibility to learn and work in all areas of the business
- Hands-on approach
- Health & Safety knowledge
- Good presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Logical Thinking and Reasoning
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Willingness to learn
- Great work ethic
- GCSE 4/5 or C or above in English, Maths and Science
- This position is suitable for school, college or university leavers as predicted grades will be accepted
Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills (If required)
- College Attendance at our Chaffron Way Campus - (3 days per week in your first year)
- Regular visits from the college in the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of E-portfolio
- End point assessment
- Ongoing training and support from the employer