Hairdressing Assistant Apprentice (L2)
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 24 months
Possible start date: 10th September 2018
Working week: Shifts between 9.00am - 9.00pm, 40 hours per week
Have you just left school and dream of starting your hairdressing career with a leading hair salon group? Well Rush Hair is for you! This is an amazing chance to join our award-winning business that holds 15 British Hairdressing Awards.
You will be supervised and trained by our award winning Art Team members with time spent closely working with our highly skilled stylists in the salons.
We ask that you keep up to date with the latest trends, techniques and hairdressing industry news, as this will grow your personal knowledge.
- Preparing and assisting hair stylists in all aspects of the clients hair service.
- Learning the correct techniques for shampooing and conditioning client’s hair and carrying out head massages.
- Learning about retail products and advising clients how to maintain salon professional hair at home.
- General housekeeping throughout the day to ensure the salon is always welcoming and presentable to the clients
- Meet and greet clients in a friendly, professional and helpful manner
- Make refreshments for clients
- Excellent communication skills
- Good timekeeping and organisational skills
- Creative skills
- Good attention to detail
- Effective team work skills
- Adaptable, driven and positive approach
- Ability to work with others
- Friendly and professional
- Enthusiasm and commitment to the apprenticeship
- Creative flair with an eye to detail
- Self confidence
- Good personal presentation and hygiene
- Passionate about the hair industry and up to date about current trends and products.
- Desirable - GCSE grades in both Maths and English C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- Predicted grades will be acceptable
Full Apprenticeship Standard in Hairdressing Professionals
- Teaching assessments and observations in the workplace
- Ongoing training and support from the employer
- College attendance to Bletchley Campus
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills along with safe working practices
- End point assessment