Apprentice Commis Chef (L2)
4 days left
- Full Time
Employer: Frosts Garden Centres Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12-15 months
Possible start date: 1st August 2018
Working week: Shifts including Monday to Sunday 9.00am - 5.30pm, 40 hours per week
We’re looking for a passionate & enthusiastic Apprentice Commis Chef to join us at Frosts Garden Centre, Willington, Bedford. If you wish to take your career to the next level and beyond, then this position is for you.
Frosts Garden Centres are leading the way to bring garden centre restaurants into the forefront of the food and catering industry. Under the direction of our Group Head Chef, our food is sourced carefully with provenance and our menus are developed to both comfort and challenge our customers.
- Prepare and produce fresh food to a high quality on a daily basis; under supervision. This creates a dynamic and exciting environment, with very busy lunchtime services and daily menu changes.
- Provide a range of fresh produce and choice for breakfast and lunch services, including hot food, deli, soups and sandwiches, cream teas and home baked cakes
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene
- Knowing how to stock rotate correctly with minimal wastage along with date labelling
- Training and Learning
- Cleaning stations
- Able to produce fresh food to a high standard
- Fantastic time keeping
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Basic knife skills
- Genuine passion for food and the industry
- Understanding kitchen cleanliness and health and hygiene
- Great attitude and approach to learning
- Good work ethic
- Desirable - Grade C/4 and above in both Maths and English (or equivalent)
Working for us allows you to develop your skills across all sections in line with your apprenticeship modules, allowing you to apply your training in the workplace.
Level 2 in Catering and Professional Chefs Apprenticeship Standard
- Knowledge and Understanding, Skills and Behaviors
- Regular visits from the College to the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Ongoing training and assessment from the employer
- End point assessment