Lecturer in HE Visual Effects and Model Making
35 hours per week
The Northern School of Art (formerly Cleveland College of Art and Design) is looking for a prop and model maker who understands where traditional and digital model making skills fit in with the digital production process predominantly used in Film and TV. The ideal candidate will already have a teaching qualification but we will also consider and support experienced industry specialists for the role.
This new post will be supported by a team of specialists already working on our longstanding BA (Hons) Production Design for Stage and Screen programme. As part of this team all applicants need to demonstrate good workshop practice whilst adhering to all health and safety and COSHH regulations. You must be able instigate similar qualities in our undergraduates and be capable of collaborating with other disciplines to develop exciting assignments across a number of disciplines, such as Film and TV and Production Design.
You will have a solid working knowledge of Green/Blue Screen Croma Key Compositing a knowledge of Adobe Premiere & After Effects. You must be able instigate similar qualities in our undergraduates and be capable of collaborating with other disciplines. Please read job description for full description.
What will you get if you join us?
- The opportunity to work in an award winning institution with creative people in a creative environment, where the exchange of ideas is integrated into the work ethic;
- The knowledge that you have a positive impact on the development of students and the choices they make in life;
- Support and guidance in making any difficult decisions to achieve the targets you have been set;
- Access to personal skills development to help you achieve your targets and your longer term career goals; and
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension scheme (with significant employer contributions).
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: 29th June 2018