Lander Automotive - Engineering Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Lander Automotive Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 17th September 2018
Working week: Rotating shifts, 38 hours per week
This apprenticeship programme is initially for 1 year and 1 day. For the right apprentices at the end of the first year there will be opportunities for another contract for 18 months, working towards a Level 3 qualification.
You will join a new and exciting group of Apprentices within a world leading manufacturing organisation, supplying the Automotive Industry. During the duration of the Apprenticeship, you will spend your time gaining practical experience and developing your theoretical knowledge, along with obtaining formal qualifications, which are recognised and fully transferrable within the manufacturing sector.
You will be working in multiple manufacturing areas within the business, which are fast paced and sometimes physically demanding, producing finished components to the correct quality standard, time and time again.
This position will be part of a team ensuring that Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale, and Environment targets are met and maintained. Punctuality and attendance are key attributes of the Engineering Apprentice role and are core accountabilities.
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn by all within the area.
- Operating production line equipment like Bend, End Form, Drill, Press, and Wash machines.
- Assembling items on a production line included but not limited to armrests, fluid, air, coolant pipes etc
- Record and monitor Non-Conforming Material for disposal.
- Reporting equipment faults quickly in line with production procedures.
- Complete hourly target checks to ensure cell production metrics are achieved and record on the relevant documentation.
- Follow standardised work instructions and procedures to achieve quality and throughput targets.
- Monitoring production processes and carrying out and recording basic testing and quality checks.
- Packing goods in line with procedures and company Packaging Instructions
- 5S – Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness in your areas and adherence to 5S controls
- Any other duties or projects the Company decide that you are needed to support to meet the objectives of the business in the long or short term.
- Demonstrate knowledge of monitoring quality and achieving targets and objectives
- Communication (Written & Verbal)
- Problem Solving
- Team orientated
- Attentive to detail
- Integrity and Trust
- GCSEs or equivalent
- Good written and spoken English
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required.
All training will be delivered on site at Lander working towards a PMO qualification and an assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
- Level 2 NVQ in Performing Manufacturing Operations
- Level 2 Certificate in Engineering – Fabrication and Welding
- Functional Skills Maths (if needed).
- Functional Skills English (if needed).
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
For the first 8 weeks, you will receive intensive training in the Lander Academy and for the remaining 44 weeks, you will be assessed in the workplace.
Apprenticeship framework: Improving Operational Performance