Engineering Technical Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Hadley Group Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 28th August 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm (4.00pm finish Fridays), 37.5 hours per week
The goal of this apprenticeship is to acquire the skills, knowledge and competence to operate at semi-skilled or skilled operator status to carry out a range of engineering and manufacturing processes within the cold rolling environment, meeting health, safety, environmental and quality standards.
Full training will be given in this Apprenticeship. For the first year you will spend 34 weeks attending Dudley College to complete your City & Guilds Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations qualification which will give you an excellent understanding of engineering principles.
- To make full use of the training placement available within Hadley Group Technology.
- Gain relevant skills and job knowledge through the apprenticeship training scheme.
- To achieve relevant training qualifications for future job role.
- To attend regular training progress review meetings with Managers and Trainers.
- To attend day release college courses to achieve relevant technical certificates relating to apprentice job role.
- The responsibility to record job reports for allocated placement and complete training checklists for future reference in the log book/portfolio.
- To promote good health and safety within every training placement.
- Completion of Advanced Apprenticeship Certificate.
- To become capable in the use of a wide range of machine tools including, but not restricted to, conventional and CNC turning and milling, grinding and drilling.
- Any other duties within the capability of the job holder.
Core competencies (Technical)
- Applied electrical and mechanical science and mathematics
Core competencies (Job related)
- Safety-orientated mindset
- Team work
- Problem solving
- Demonstrates commitment to corporate values
- Good work ethic/reliable
- Optimistic and open to change
- Civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Maintain standard of dress & personal hygiene acceptable to the company.
- Excellent communication skills: active listener, verbal and written
- Essential: 4 GCSEs at grade C / 4 or above in Maths, English and ICT (or equivalent FS Level 2)
- Desirable: GCSE grade C or above in Science and a Design/technology subject
- Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations Apprenticeship.
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend college premises on block release for a 34 week period working towards a PEO qualification.
An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through your course.
Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study. Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
Apprenticeship framework: Improving Operational Performance