Trainer - Construction Vocational Multi-Skills (HMP Hindley)
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons. Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We now require a Construction Multi-Skills Trainer to cover subject areas including painting and decorating and general maintenance on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
The role requires you to have different skill sets to fit the needs of the business. We are looking for staff who are creative, adaptable, flexible and resilient as well as having the confidence, positivity, commitment, and willingness to deliver across a wide range of the curriculum.
Our main ethos at HMP Hindley is one of engagement and motivation for our learners so they want to progress and engage with their education or employment on transfer to another establishment or on release into the community.
The purpose of this role is to teach and engage with our learners, in order to give them the skills they need to have a better and brighter future upon release.
To do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have experience in your vocational specialism.
- Be willing to gain a PTTLS or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining these.
- Be willing to commit to gain a subject specific qualification to allow you to train to Level 3 within two years.
- Have a commitment to gain an assessor award required by relevant Awarding Bodies within one year.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles aresubject to job evaluation.