As the largest further education college in the UK, we're shaping an amazing future for our students. With our focus on careers and a work-ready Greater Manchester, we're creating greater opportunities in the heart of our city and leading the way in education.
At the Manchester College, we've got ambitious goals for the future and a strong vision to lead the way in the region, and the country. For further education, our vision is to be 'the leading college for progression and employability.' As our Higher Education facilities continue to grow, we want to be 'a leading provider of flexible, affordable, career-relevant university education'.
We would like to add a Chef to our Village 135, a purpose-built additional-care site where residents can enjoy independent living in the privacy of their own self-contained apartment, whilst having the peace of mind of a permanent on-site care team and security. The Village also boasts excellent communal facilities, including a fantastic Bistro Restaurant, relaxing, revitalising Spa-Bathroom and Hair & Beauty salon.
Your Reward and Benefits
Along with the job satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference to the lives of customers and opportunities for your own career development, at The Manchester College we like to reward your hard work and in return you will receive;
- Excellent holiday allowance.
- Top benefits package.
- Plenty of special retail offers and discounts.
- Fantastic pension options.
- Most of our sites have free car parking available.
As directed by the Head of Department and Chef Manager, you will oversee the catering element of the Village 135 to meet the Manchester College and Village 135 strategy, business plans and objectives. You will proactively assist in the review and support of the management of the catering procedures and processes to ensure a compliant, effective and efficient operational service. You will provide support other service members of the team, motivate colleagues and encourage team-work.
Your responsibilities will include having to:
- Actively support the manager in the maintenance of accurate management records and provide timely reporting of all activity.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed and maintained accurately.
- Provide and support in the management of a sustainable food premises, with a supportive responsibility for budget management, purchasing stock, stock control, menu planning, food preparation and service management.
- Respond to customer feedback to drive improvements and ensure customer satisfaction, responding appropriately to customer complaints directly associated with the business.
- Support the manager and head of department in recruiting, developing and sustaining a highly skilled, flexible, qualified and experienced catering team to support business requirements.
- You will be willing to work towards a relevant management qualification.
- Level 2 Catering qualification - willing to work towards a Level 3 qualification.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the Role Profile.
At LTE group we are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
If you are successful in being offered a position, we are required to carry out a Disclosure Barring Service check for you.
Wishing you the very best of success with your application!