Apprentice Switchgear Technician (L3)
Employer: Exellison Switchgear Services Ltd
Apprenticeship level: 2 years
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 2nd July 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4.00pm (3.15pm finish Fridays), 39 hours per week
You would be trained to become a fully qualified Switchgear Technician.
- General LV switchgear assembly
- LV Switchgear wiring
- LV Switchgear Installation
- LV Switchgear servicing
- In-house Component manufacture
- LV Switchgear testing / inspection
- Site installation
- Engineering experience is not essential as specialist training will be given.
- Flexible approach to work
- An excellent work ethic
- Keen to learn
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours when required
- Candidates must have achieved GCSE Grade C (4) or above in Maths or equivalent Functional Skills (Level 2)
Engineering Manufacture (Electrical & Electronic Engineering pathway):
Full training will be provided on an ongoing daily basis and when required. You will be required to attend college premises 1 day a week working towards the Engineering Level 3 qualification.
An assessor will be allocated to you to progress/help you through you course. Continual assessment for NVQ’s coupled with assignments/or exams depending on course of study.
Time spent training will be part of the agreed contracted hours of the working week.
The apprenticeship also includes Employment Rights and Responsibilities as well as Personal Learning and Thinking Skills qualifications
Apprenticeship framework: Engineering Manufacture(Craft and Technician)