Senior Tutor: OCN Access to HE Creative Digital Media (0.5FTE)
18 hours per week including evenings. Flexibility required. Occasional weekend working
Morley College London is a specialist designated adult education college located in Central London. Founded in 1889, we now provide learning opportunities to over 13,000 people every year, specialising in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Tutor of Creative Digital Media to teach, coordinate and develop the curriculum on Advanced Learning (level 3) pathways within the School of Visual and Digital Arts. The candidate will have responsibly for assessing and grading course work, writing and presenting briefs within OCN specifications and liaising with other tutors on the course.
The post will incorporate the role of personal tutor for one or more cohorts of students, providing pastoral and tutorial support, including guidance on UCAS applications and writing of personal statements, preparation for university interview and guidance on student finance.
The successful candidate will have proven experience of teaching and assessing adult learners within accredited provision (including Level 3 advanced learning) in the specialist areas of Digital Media, Including Adobe CC Software, Animation Software, CAD software, Video Editing Software, Web Design & Graphic Design, Film and Photography. The successful candidate will have excellent organisational, communication, presentation and IT skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
Other skills & Qualifications required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- An appropriate teaching qualification (DTLLS/PGCE/Cert Ed or Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training or equivalent)
- Relevant Level 7 qualification
- Successful experience of delivering high quality teaching in a relevant subject to adult learners of mixed ability in group settings.
- Good organisational and administrative skills, with experience of successfully planning, assessing and evaluating teaching and learning.
- Experience of teaching at higher education level is desirable
Closing date: 5 pm, Wednesday 20th June
Morley College London is an Equal Opportunities employer. The College aims to reflect the diverse community it serves and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds.