Prince's Trust Team Leader
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: College wide – likely to be based at Wakefield with travel around the district.
Every young person should have the chance to succeed.
The Team programme is one of The Trust’s most long-standing and core programmes. It is a full-time 12-week personal development programme for 16 – 25 year olds, largely delivered through community work. Its primary aim is to build confidence, motivation and skills to help unemployed young people return to education or move into employment.
We are seeking a Team Leader to recruit for and deliver the programme for young people in the Wakefield area, directly in line with the established Toolkit, KPI’s and targets.
As Team Leader, your day to day activities will involve:
- recruiting young people for the Team programmes
- planning and running an inspirational Team experience for young people
- supporting young people into positive outcomes
- working to budget, recruitment and retention targets
- working with the Prince’s Trust Team Toolkit and implementing appropriate action plans to address issues raised in reviews.
With a proven history of empowering disengaged young people and supporting them to achieve their goals, your inspirational approach and non-judgemental attitude will be backed by the following qualifications and skills:
- GCSE A*-C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (new grading 9-4)
- Good planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with a wide range of people
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 18 June 2018
Interview date: Monday 25 June 2018
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.