Learning and Development Apprentice (L3)
Fixed term 12 to 18 months
Leeds City College is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1200 employees and over 35,000 students. Offering a diverse curriculum within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment, our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
*Level 3 Apprenticeship Pay Rates:
- 16-17 £4.50 per hour (equivalent to £8,681 pa)
- 18-20 £6.20 per hour (equivalent to £11,961 pa)
- 21-24 £7.68 per hour (equivalent to £14,816 pa)
- 25+ £7.83 per hour (equivalent to £15,105 pa)
The responsibility of the Learning and Development team is to design and deliver staff training sessions, and to coordinate college wide development activities. We are looking for an apprentice who is keen to use their creative and analytical skills to support our team. The role will have range of responsibilities, including:
- Ensuring a wide variety of training activities is available to staff throughout the year
- Supporting the design and delivery of internal training sessions
- Maintaining our online Learning Management System
- Responding to inquiries from staff, by phone and email
- Ordering goods and services from external training providers
- Advertising courses to staff and stakeholders
You will be working in a friendly office with a supportive and encouraging team. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with all aspects of Learning and Development in the workplace, while also achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
The role will start on the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship, but will transfer to the Level 3 Learning and Development Practitioner Apprenticeship as soon as it becomes available.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates willing to learn new skills as this role has the possibility of progression.
Please ensure that your application reflects your skillset, compared to the criteria listed in the Person Specification found on our site.
Employees of Leeds City College enjoy a wide range of benefits. To find out more about what we offer click on the following link: http://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/the-college/jobs-and-careers/benefits/
Leeds City College is committed to Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly) and safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check as well as mandatory pre-employment checks which may also include checking social media profiles. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.