Curriculum Manager - Hairdressing, Beauty and Related Therapies
B&FC are seeking a Curriculum Manager specialising in Hairdressing, Beauty and Related Therapies. This exciting role will give you the opportunity to make a difference and promote learning across this curriculum area.
- To lead in the delivery and management of Student Learning within the Curriculum area for their curriculum areas to ensure a high quality learner experience.
- To manage all staff within their curriculum area and be responsible for performance management, improvement strategies, sharing good practice and identifying and mitigating risk.
- To liaise with other parts of the College, curriculum areas to ensure the development of courses within the Curriculum area
- To facilitate and lead on the further development of digital learning in the area of responsibility
- To manage resources effectively and efficiently in line with College procedures and this will include responsibility for marketing, financial budgets, HR, Management Information and Funding.
- To develop and maintain effective communication within the Curriculum area by undertaking regular meetings and updating staff on key issues as required.
- To lead with the annual Curriculum area self-assessment exercise and to monitor and evaluate performance within their curriculum area to ensure overall success of Curriculum area performance, and overall College performance.
- To be responsive and drive quality improvement within the Curriculum area, and across College as appropriate, by working closely with staff, students and other stakeholders.
- To be responsible for monitoring and using the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success
- To be responsible for conducting staff development reviews of designated staff within their area.
- To undertake observations of teaching staff to improve performance, celebrate and share good practice and inform staff development.
- To assist with maintaining close and effective links with external academic, examination and professionals bodies.
- To liaise with other parts of the College for the development of inter-disciplinary courses and to encourage co-operation in specialised subject areas as delegated by the Head of Curriculum.
- To meet all require key performance indicators as defined.
- To strive to ensure outstanding experience for all.
Standard responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.