Lecturer (Outdoor Sport and Fitness)
HOURS OF WORK
17.5 hours per week
Purpose of Post
To prepare and teach courses in subject areas appropriate to the postholder’s qualifications and experience, in accordance with College policies. The courses you will deliver are:
NQ Outdoor Activities and Leadership
BA (Hons) Outdoor Education and Learning
- Prepare suitable learning and teaching materials for the delivery of courses
- Teach course contents, using a range of delivery modes as appropriate, e.g. classroom-based, tutorial, outreach, open/distance learning, and short course modules
- Mark/assess student progress, examinations and assignments, ensuring student results are recorded accurately and on time
- Undertake course tutor responsibilities, e.g. provide guidance and support to students in relation to welfare issues and academic counselling
- Undertake personal academic tutor responsibilities (if applicable)
- Comply with the College’s internal verification procedures
- Contribute to curriculum development activities, including: assisting with the identification of customer requirements, the modification and evaluation of courses, and the planning and design of curricular activities
- Participate in research and consultancy activities
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are met
- Assist with the care and maintenance of College equipment and premises
- In line with the College’s commitment to staff development, participate in training courses and other staff development activities as required
- Undertake CPD and staff development opportunities to ensure currency of subject knowledge
- Assist with promotional activities, interviewing prospective students and student induction process
- Update skills as required to meet curricular needs
This job description does not present an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder is required to undertake other activities as reasonably instructed commensurate with the role and level of responsibility in fulfilment of the purpose of the post.
The post holder reports to the Subject Leader – Sport and Fitness.
Terms and Conditions
This post is governed by Academic Staff terms and conditions, which are subject to collective bargaining processes.
Equality and Diversity
The post holder is expected to be familiar with and to comply with the terms of the College’s Equal Opportunities Strategy and associated schemes.
Health and Safety
The post holder is expected to be familiar with and to comply with the terms of the College’s policies and procedures ensuring the health, safety and well-being of staff, students and visitors.
There are no identified specific health and safety risks or training needs associated with this post.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups/Disclosure Check
This post undertakes regulated work with children and a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme check is required. A check will be made against the list of those barred from working with children.