Part-time, Part-year Pastoral Support Tutor
29.6 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Under the direction of the Head of Faculty and in liaison with the Student Support Co-ordinator, you will be focusing upon learner retention and success by providing regular 1-1 support to enable learners to access all aspects of the College curriculum. You will contribute to the College achieving ‘outstanding’ levels of student retention and achievement by tracking and monitoring learner’s academic progress, attendance and welfare concerns. In addition you will identify learners who are giving cause for concern, support learners to achieve their full potential, through appropriate mentoring, lead group pastoral and personal development activities and assist College Academic Staff, to coordinate and undertake their duties.
The full time equivalent salary for this role is £21,213 - £22,508 per annum. With the contractual hours of 29.6 hours per week, 40 weeks per year, the actual salary range including holiday pay is £14,764 - £15,665 per annum.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 25 June 2018
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
- There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider