Lecturer - Early Years
18.5 hours per week
Society, Health and Childhood is currently recruiting Lecturers specialising in Early Years and/or Health and Social Care. This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to inspire students and maintain high quality delivery of Society, Health and Childhood’s study programmes.
- To be directly involved in the delivery and management of student learning within the Curriculum Area. This post may include the delivery of Level 1 and Level 2 Early Years and Health/Social Care curriculum, as well as Functional Skills English in 16-18 study programmes.
- To be fully conversant with course regulations and specifications for the defined area thus ensuring conformity and best practice.
- To assist in the development and delivery of related programmes, to include Early Years and Education, Health and Social Care and Functional English.
- To liaise with other staff to ensure a high standard of teaching and learning.
- To assist with securing quality improvement within the Curriculum area.
- To assist with monitoring student recruitment, retention and achievement and take remedial action where necessary
- To use effectively the systems used in College (electronic or otherwise) to ensure student success, ie e-tracker, Moodle, internal verification etc. (This list is not exhaustive).
- To be responsible for meeting recruitment targets including participation in interviews, Open Days and specific curriculum events.
- To maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that students
Standard responsibilities for all positions in B&FC
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Interview Date: 22/06/2018