Lecturer in ESOL
Hours of work: 18.5 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer to join our small team of supportive and experienced ESOL staff. As a member of the ESOL team, you will have the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives, help them to fit into society and thrive, as well as learning about other cultures and encountering a wide variety of backgrounds.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in ESOL, you will teach on a range of courses within the study programme for 16-19 ESOL learners and related courses in the department. You will have a good understanding of the ESOL curriculum and be experienced in using appropriate teaching strategies to support learning.
Flexible, dedicated, and keen to upskill, you’ll also be committed to reflective continuous improvement, be a good team player who is willing to share ideas and have a commitment to diversity.
As a Lecturer in ESOL, you should:
- Hold a degree or HND in a relevant subject area
- Have GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (9-4)
- Have experience as a Teacher/Lecturer in ESOL Skills for Life
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- An up-to-date knowledge of the ESOL curriculum
- Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- The ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 21 June 2018
Interview date: Thursday 28 June 2018
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.