Apprentice Business Administrator (L2)
Employer: What Centre
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 25th June 2018
Working week: 5 days per week across Monday to Saturday, working times vary by day, 36 hours per week
Apprentice business administrator to join a well-known young person’s mental health charitable organisation within Dudley Borough. This role will be based in the main office where you will be the first person to greet clients and other visitors. This role will be based across the two premises in Dudley Town Centre and Stourbridge.
- answering telephone calls and taking messages
- overseeing the project e-mail account and answering general enquiries
- meeting and greeting clients
- general administration duties
- scanning, photocopying, and replenishing resources
- data entry into in-house database and project database
- take notes and support in the servicing of meetings as required
- to report maintenance issues and any follow up as necessary
- filing and record keeping
- take reasonable measures to maintain office security
- to be aware of health and safety issues
- any other tasks or duties as reasonably required in connection to the post
- IT literate
- good spoken and written English
- organisational skills
- good attention to detail
- good timekeeping
- good rapport building skills and empathy
- good communication skills
- hard working
- excellent punctuality
- ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- ability to use own initiative
- reflective learning
- flexible and adaptable
- can maintain trust and confidentiality
- willing to learn
- a caring attitude
- passionate about working within a mental health and young person’s charity
- GCSE (or equivalent) grades A*-C in English and maths grade A-C or level 2 equivalent.
- Minimum grade D is essential.
Training on the organisations databases, filing systems and other relevant processes.
You will complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. This will be delivered in the workplace by a tutor from Dudley College of Technology.
Apprenticeship framework: Business and Administration