Apprentice - Learning Mentor (L3)
30 hours per week, term time only.
We wish to recruit an innovative team of Learning Mentor apprentices to support students’ learning at Worthing College. Dependent on the suitability of applicants we are looking to build a team of apprentices to be in post from the end of June 2018. This opportunity for employment will provide excellent experience for anyone considering a career in education. Apprentices will have the opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications which support possible progression to further education.
Learning Mentor Apprentices will complete the requirements of the Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 apprenticeship framework and may be deployed to support:
- Students in their transition from school to college.
- Success on Level 2 courses (both GCSE and BTEC) through:
- One to one learning support;
- Small group learning support;
- In class learning;
- Development of independent learning habits.
- Success on Level 3 courses.
- Learning zone and Learning Resources Centre activity.
- Enhancing enrichment opportunities to support learning.
- Upgrade centre provision.
- Internal progression.
- Support Students within the Library on a timetabled basis, this could include front of house duties.
The college is committed to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.