Pig Unit Manager
Plumpton College’s farming operation is a fully commercial enterprise whilst at the same time providing a learning resource demonstrating best practice in all that we do. We have a fully commercial indoor Pig Unit and due to the current manager retiring are looking to recruit a Pig Unit Manager on a full time, permanent basis. The Manager is required to deliver the highest standard of pig operations on our 120 Sow indoor unit. We offer exceptional facilities, a great working environment and career development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- Be both qualified and experienced to carry out all tasks associated with a high performing pig herd.
- Be able to demonstrate and implement strong budget management.
- Be confident with formulating feed rations.
- Ensure the highest welfare standards are in place.
- Be well organised and have the drive and enthusiasm to work with students as part of their daily work.
- Have the interest and ability to ensure the dairy enterprise performs to the highest level.
- Be a good communicator and have relevant current knowledge of farm recording systems.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
- Hold a full clean driving licence as you will need to drive as part of this role and associated industry qualifications.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including accommodation, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the local government pension scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking. This working pattern for this role is 12 days on and 2 days off as agreed with the Farm Manager.
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. At Plumpton College we are ambitious and progressive, enterprising, professional, supportive and passionate about everything we do – if you share these values and would like to be part of our growing team then we’d like to hear from you!
To apply, please refer to the job description, complete the application form, and upload it via the link below.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th June at 9.00am.
Interviews will be held: Week commencing 2nd July.