College Careers Adviser
Please quote college.jobs.ac.uk or jobs.ac.uk when applying for this role.
The Careers Centre deals with all issues affecting the progression of students within the College and from College to Higher Education, Apprenticeships or employment. The team will consist of a College Careers Adviser and a Careers and Employability Officer. The focus in relation to Careers in Further Education has developed over the last few year to include careers education and the development of employability skills as well information, advice and guidance.
This is a fixed term position until 5 July 2019.
The Careers Adviser has the following key responsibilities:
- To provide impartial, high quality careers education, information, advice and guidance to all students, striving at all times for improvement and development.
- To ensure the quality of resources, information and advice given, at all stages, of student progression to Higher Education, other courses, apprenticeships and employment and to provide guidance to the Careers and Employability Officer in achieving these aims.
- To undertake project work as required and support external accreditation i.e. Matrix, Investor in Careers.
- To carry out group work and training with students and staff including organising external speakers and industry specialists.
- To facilitate and lead the organisation of whole college events for students, specifically those in relation to progression and careers such as HE and Work and Training Fairs.
- To ensure that the college management team are appraised of any national developments that link to CEIAG, such as Labour market information and local priorities.
- To promote equality and diversity in all aspects of CEIAG.
*The actual salary for 36 hours per week, 40 working weeks per year is £22,786 - £26,657 per annum inclusive of London Weighting.
Interview date: To be confirmed.