St Helens College has an academy for 14-16 year olds who wish to study high quality academic and vocational qualifications. The Academy offers a safe environment, small class sizes and individualised support for the students. We are seeking to appoint a talented and passionate Teaching Assistant to join the team.
We are looking for a qualified Teaching Assistant to support pupils with additional needs. Working alongside the Class Teacher you will need to provide support either on a one to one or group basis. This role is very rewarding as you can see the progression of your pupil's ability throughout their time working with you
The successful candidates must have:
- GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
- Teaching Assistant Qualification Level 2/3 (or willingness to work towards).
- Previous teaching assistant experience at GCSE level.
- Excellent communication skills with staff, students and parents/guardians.
- Excellent organisational skills
- A flexible approach to work as you will be required to undertake duties outside the normal working hours (open evenings, after school club etc).
The benefits package includes membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.
Interviews: 2nd July 201