Teacher of Science
Leeds City College is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1200 employees and over 35,000 students. Offering a diverse curriculum within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment, our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
The post-holder will be expected to:
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- Be responsible for recording student progress.
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area.
- Maintain and update knowledge of educational research to develop evidence-based practice.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- Carry out internal verification/moderation.
Employees of Leeds City College enjoy a wide range of benefits. To find out more about what we offer click on the following link: http://www.leedscitycollege.ac.uk/the-college/jobs-and-careers/benefits/
Leeds City College is committed to Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly) and safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check as well as mandatory pre-employment checks which may also include checking social media profiles. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.