Head of Commercial Training
Come and make a difference at B&FC as the Head of Commercial Training. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and creative team in successfully developing and implementing business growth strategies for the delivery of commercial training provisions. As part of this innovative team you will be responsible for expanding the range of commercial products and services offered by B&FC as well as identifying new and exciting products.
- Developing and implementing the commercial strategy for the business.
- To develop short commercial training programmes in line with own areas of expertise
- Understanding the value drivers of the business and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue, market share and support diversification of income.
- Working closely with Key Stakeholders to manage key customers (existing and new), thereby improving turnover and profitability.
- Undertaking market research and analysis of current products and services making recommendations to ensure that all commercial income opportunities (new products, services and markets) are optimised.
- Championing and leading each new product or service development, from innovation through to successful implementation across each business function, to enable it to become a core part of the business.
- Reviewing and assessing the potential to develop strategic partnerships with sector specialists and/or associates
- Representing the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile.
- Maintaining an awareness of external factors (including competitors, government business initiatives, current and proposed legislation in relation to commercial activities) which impact the business. Communicating such information and any subsequent changes to the Director of Business Development (DoBD) and Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Collating, analysing and reporting business data pertaining to all commercial activities.
- Ensuring that all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets
- Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers.
- To review, modify and create commercial short course learning materials and training manuals, on line and hard copy
- To effectively line manage associate trainers
- To effectively manage costs for short commercial training programmes, productions, and publications in order to deliver the required return on investment
- To write reports and complete data returns on short commercial training programmes as required
Standard responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
Interview Date: 21/06/2018