Reception/Administration Apprenticeship (L2)
Employer: Kingswinford Medical Practice
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 2nd July 2018
Working week: Monday to Friday, shift work between the hours of 7.00am - 6.30pm, occasional Saturdays 7.45am - 10.15pm, 30 hours per week
You will receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way. You will also assist with Practice administration to include patient related documentation and prescriptions.
We have extended hours surgeries and all staff are expected to take their turn in a rota to cover these Saturday mornings.
To have knowledge of all practice procedures and work in accordance with written protocols. You are required to be flexible to help when holiday or sickness cover is required.
Take delivery of medical stock, vaccines and stationery items from time to time.
All staff are expected to wear the given uniform and identity badge during working hours.
- Covering the front desk
- Dealing with patients’ enquiries
- Checking patients in when necessary
- Answering the phone
- Making patient appointments
- Dealing with requests for home visits or emergency appointments
- Utilisation of a clinical system EMIS Web
- Processing Docman
- Phoning patients
- Phoning hospitals to liaise over patient care
- Interacting with District Nurses and other healthcare professionals to ensure patients are attended to
- Processing prescriptions
- New patient registrations
- Online registrations
- Updated patient contact details
- Liaising with the GPs
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team but also from own initiative
- Good written skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good IT skills
- Customer focus
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Willingness to learn
- Adaptable for situations arising during daily activities
- GCSE A-D in maths & English or equivalent is required.
- Business Administration apprenticeship working towards a NVQ Level 2 Admin qualification
- Training on clinical systems Emis Web and Docman
- Mandatory courses e.g. Fire training, CPR, Information Governance
- Various online training modules delivered by Blue Stream Academy
Apprenticeship framework: Business and Administration